The fortress is open all year round for individual and group visitors.
Summer opening hours
01 March to 04 October 2020
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ticket change until 7 p.m.
The Danube Bastion is open until 5 p.m. After 5 p.m., reduced ticket prices apply for the entry of The Monastery Fortress.
On the day of the events, the Monastery Fortress closes 2 hours before the start of the event.
For events, please contact us by phone or visit our Facebook page.
Winter opening hours
05 October 2020 to 01 March 2021
Tuesday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ticket change until 4 p.m.
On Mondays, The Monastery Fortress is CLOSED.
- Guided tours are available for individual and group visitors every day (in groups of up to 60 people): 9, 11, 13, and 15:00 during the summer opening hours. During the winter opening hours, the last guided tour starts at 14.30.
- Please contact us by phone for individual guided tours as appointments may vary.
- Guided tours in foreign languages (German, English and Slovak) can also be booked. Please indicate your request no later than one week before the visit.
- Duration of the tour: 1 -1.5 hours (2 km, partly on an open-air route)
- For events and public holidays, opening hours may be different. We inform our visitors about this in the current news.
- The exhibition, which can be visited in the Danube Bastion, processes the theme of Danube navigation and danube crafts.
- Open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- In winter: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CLOSED on Mondays.
- Ticket change: 4 p.m.
- The exhibition can be visited without driving.
Important advice and comments
- Recommended equipment for visitors: layered hiking clothes suitable for the season (caseamates are cool even in the greatest heat), comfortable, closed shoes, flashlight.
- Please pay attention to the signs "Danger of accidents" and "Forbidden!" Avoid dangerous places. Do not leave your child under the age of 12 unattended.
- Health aid and medicine can be found at the funds.
- At festivals, arts and sports events, advertised event prices apply.
- In the case of film shoots and corporate events, certain parts of the fortress are not open to the public. We inform our visitors about this on our website and at the checkout before changing tickets.
- Private photography and filmmaking are permitted in the forts. Please redeem your photo or camera ticket at the checkout. The commercial exploitation of the photo depicting the fortress or any part of it can only take place with the permission of the licensed Monostori Fortress Nonprofit Ltd.
- Free informational publications in Hungarian and foreign languages help visitors to find out more about the area.
- The komárom – komarno maps at the main entrance help you to get to the three forts and to find your way between the forts on the right and left bank of the Danube.
Summer opening hours
01 March to 04 November 2019
Tuesday-Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Groups can be accepted during this period by pre-logging.
Checkfirstname.lastname@example.org or +36 34/ 540-582.
Fort Star is not currently open to the world.
Expected opening: March 2021